It also allows authors 5 days in a 3-month period where you can price the book for free. You’ll attract new readers and your rankings can jump dramatically.
KDP Select Free Day(s) Checklist:
Maximize the use of your Free Kindle days and promote them as much as possible. Here’s what has worked well for other authors:
1. Schedule your Free Kindles for a Wednesday and Thursday to capitalize on the exposure and boost your sales ranking in time for the biggest sales days of the week, which are Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
2. Publicize your Free Kindle day(s) on your blog and website and in your emails or your email newsletter.
3. Send requests to other websites and social networking sites that publish notices of Free Kindles (some want up to a month of advance notice).
• Pixel of Ink www.pixelofink.com
• Kindle Boards www.kindleboards.com (under Book Bazaar)
• Digital Book Today www.digitalbooktoday.com
• WoMen’s Literary Café www.womensliterarycafe.com
4. On Facebook, post your Free Kindle notice on the day(s) of the giveaway on your wall, any groups that belong to your Fan Page and these free Kindle sites: Free Books for Kindle, All Things Kindle, Free Kindle Books and Tips, Free Ebook Deal, Ereader News Today
5. Post about your free book on your other social networking sites and Tweet often during the day. Use different hashtags: #freekindle #freebook #ReadThis #Kindle #Amazon #authorshelpingauthors – Other authors will expose you to their follower list and vice versa.
5. Add a Goodreads event and send it to all of your Goodreads friends.
6. Add Kindle Freebie and Kindle Free tags to your book on Amazon page.
Pricing Before and After your Free Days
The day before your free promo, raise your price (to make it seem an exceptional value). Keep it at the higher price for a week or two after the promo to enjoy the higher royalties on the new wave of sales.
There are many factors that can affect the success of your Free Promo days. Please share your results with us.
For more Book Marketing Tips, get our FREE CHECKLIST at http://indieauthorcounsel.com/MARKETING_TIPS.html
Happy Writing and Selling!